Having trouble with the WMI service for MIIS/ILM? Try running the following commands at a command prompt:
- regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Identity Integration Server\Bin\mmswmi.dll"
- mofcomp -N:root\MicrosoftIdentityIntegrationServer "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Identity Integration Server\Bin\mmswmi.mof"
This will re-register the libraries with the OS. Give the WMI call another try, if you continue to have problems with an Access Denied error…
- Open the Component Services Console in the Administrative Tools Folder.
- Navigate to Console Root, Computers, My Computer, DCOM Config and then Microsoft Metadirectory Services.
- Right click on the application entry and select Properties.
- Go to the security tab and alter any security necessary.
- Click OK on the Application Properties page and close out the Component Services and Computer Management Consoles.